Our chefs are conscious about food waste, all ingredients are ordered and used at the right amount to make sure we minimize the waste level.
In December, we changed our food waste management company, which scheduled to collect food waste 2 times per week, and from there, food waste will be used in various ways to help to environment and communities.
We aim to reduce our food waste to at least 30% this year, reduce the total food waste to around 0.4 tonnes per cubic meter.
Some other initiatives include:
- Undertake mini audit weekly on plate waste, prep waste, spoilage, and general food waste to identify potential food saving options.
- Crusts off loaves are used for stuffing, breadcrumbs instead of going to waste
- Older fruits are used for smoothies
- Vegetable peelings for stock
- Regularly check plastic, wrappers, as well as cutlery, are separated from food waste bins.
- As much as we can, food ingredients are source from local brands and environmentally friendly companies.